Frequently Asked Questions about Golden Heart Care
Golden Heart Care provides comprehensive services to allow you to thrive independently and safely in your home or the setting of your choice. We offer home care services such as meal preparation, transportation, medication reminders, laundry, deep housekeeping, grocery shopping/errands.
We also provide personal care services such as bathing, grooming assistance, transferring and positioning, toileting and continence support, mobility assistance, nutritional/diet assistance, and many more.
Please click here for a full list of services Golden Heart Care can provide to you.
Contact us for a free assessment to learn how Golden Heart Care can help you.
- We seek out caring people who have a passion to help others live an empowered, independent life.
- We interview Carers who are trained professionals, e.g. Certified Support Workers, Certified Nursing Assistants, Directed Care Specialists, Medical Assistants, Dietitians, Physical Therapy Technicians, etc. The interviews are intensive and designed to determine the carers’ areas of expertise, work ethic, character, and flexibility. We look for team players with strong ethics, and a high level of commitment.
- We conduct medical test, drug screening test, national driving and criminal record background check. These checks continue to be done periodically throughout each Carer’s tenure, in order to remain bonded and insured.
- We conduct personal and professional reference and background checks on every employee.
All of our carers are professionally certified and/or licensed. Upon employment, they undergo our Golden Heart Care onboarding and training program before they are permitted to care for anyone. Each carer must also take continuing education training to ensure the highest quality of care possible.
Your carer is employed by Golden Heart Care as a carer employee. We take care of all the billing, payroll, taxes, worker’s comp, insurance bond, and other benefits for your carer.
Golden Heart Care offers services at market competitive pricing based on your needs.
Contact Golden Heart Care to discuss your needs and the rates for our services.
Yes. Services are available for as little as a few hours a visit up to 24 hours, 7 days a week, 365 days a year.
Yes we do! We provide companion care and personal care to residents of assisted living facilities or nursing homes to assist with personalized needs and additional attention.
Every Golden Heart Care client has unique needs. We conduct free assessments to determine which Golden Heart Care services would help you live an independent and self-determined life in your home of the setting your choice. Based on your needs, we create a personal care plan for you or your loved one. This personal care plan will list the services you need with a schedule for those services. You or your loved one ultimately determine the services you receive.
As your needs change, your personal care plan will also change. You, your loved ones, your Golden Heart Care Support Worker and other Golden Heart staffs will periodically review your personal care needs and will adjust your personal care plan to fulfil those needs. It is important to us that you or your loved one receive the appropriate level of care and services by a Golden Heart Care Support Worker.
“Home Care” describes non-medical care such as companionship, housekeeping and other personal care services to enable people to live safely and independently in their home.
“Home Health” typically refers to medical services, nursing care or therapy services provided in one’s home.
Golden Heart Care provides Home Care services to our clients. However, we coordinate with other providers of care to help you get the medical and non-medical care you need.
We always seek to provide the care you need with a Golden Heart Carer that meets your expectations. Part of our role is to find and match you with our Golden Heart Carers. We will select the best fit with you and our available Carers. Based on your needs, you may be cared for by a team of Golden Heart Carers.
We will also arrange an introduction with your Golden Heart Carers to review your needs and desires. This includes reviewing the personal care plan and discussing any other concerns you may have.
To ensure we can provide you with services when you need them, we employ a team of Golden Heart Carers so that your care service will not be interrupted if someone has a day off, goes on a vacation, or gets sick. If one of your Golden Heart Carers is not available, we will make arrangements for another qualified Golden Heart Carer to care for you. It is our goal to ensure you are safe and your needs are met – ALWAYS.
Sometimes, people need help with basic activities to live safely and independently in their homes. These basic activities are called Activities of Daily Living (ADLs). ALDs include the activities such as grooming, eating, bathing, dressing, mobility and toileting.
Instrumental Activities of Daily Living (IADLs) are considered those activities which are more complex than the basic ADLs. IADLs include activities such as paying bills, housekeeping, shopping, laundry and meal preparation.
At Golden Heart Care, we provide a comprehensive set of ADL and IADL services designed around your needs. Our sole focus is to help you live comfortably, safely and independently in your home or setting of your choice.
- We provide the highest quality care available! Our first priority is YOU. All of our services are managed by highly trained professionals so we can guarantee excellence.
- Our name, “Golden Heart Care” was not selected lightly. We are a team of “Golden Hearts” who value our clients and are totally committed to meeting their care needs while ensuring their rights and dignity.
- While we are a “non-medical’ company we understand that our clients often have complex medical conditions. We specialize in providing state-of-the-art non-medical services to these people. We partner with our clients, their families, RN’s and other medical professionals to ensure that we have a proactive, personalized Care Plan that will optimize their independence, health, and well-being.
- Golden Heart Carers are trained to proactively advocate for our Clients in any area of their life.
- In addition to managing complex care needs, we understand that offering “light housekeeping” to our clients is a misnomer. Therefore, our services include everything from deep cleaning to household management.
- No minimum hours